Early Versions of the Ultimate Image

by - 10:20

Continuing on from my Ultimate Image design, I thought I would post a few of my early ideas and slight variations I considered when designing the whole piece.

After various thumbnail testing with the movie poster design I decided that a piece showcasing a characters various emotional states would perhaps better showcase me as an animator. Originally I decided to use a rig by Max Norderfeldt to initially place ideas downs for various images and angles of the characters until I finally deciding to use Ozgur Aydogdu's Cenk rig. With this rig I could achieve the great, exaggerated expressions I needed to to portray the character's emotions and thoughts and with just a little more tweaking of composition I created the final piece that i posted a few days ago.

What I have learnt from this process is simply that ideas and designs are a fluid creation never staying with one form but instead evolving from previous thoughts into (what is hopefully) a more effective and interesting piece of art.




You May Also Like

0 comments