Ultimate Image

by - 04:55

Recently, as part of my Business studies module  I created an 'Ultimate Image' which essentially showcases my art and animation ability in a single image. Difficulty with that is, as an animator, my work is usually shown through video and multiple frames so picking that single image or pose to show was going to be tricky.

I went through various iterations on the design first showing my the characters from Echoes in action poses or in interesting layouts but quickly realised that this kind of layout was likely to be cluttered with perhaps too many different shapes and poses.

I eventually got to the idea of creating a series of facial expressions using the Cenk rig. Each head or expression would interact with the next creating something of a little narrative. In the end, I went through with the idea as best I could and am overall fairly happy with the result although now looking back at it some of the poses could be pushed a little further especially on the first and last head which feel a little subdued compared to the extremes of the other poses.








You May Also Like

0 comments