Head Rig Update #2

by - 12:20

Still going with the head rig, I have begun to work into the more fiddly areas of the rig including the nose and ear joints. The nose proved an interesting challenge that I ultimately managed to complete - after far too long having to sort out the weighting.

Placing the joints and setting up their pivots and constraints was easy enough but (I believe due to the wrinkles around his nose) it became tricky to get the weighting correct juggling influences between the nostrils, upper jaw, main nose joint and eyes. I never anticipated it to become such a challenge after it worked so smoothly in my initial weighting tests. Eventually I got there though with some pretty nice results around the nostrils and I even added a little custom control allowing the animator to 'flare up' the nostrils with a simple slider.




You May Also Like

0 comments